Kindy.

day28

28/366.

We just found out that you were accepted into the early entry program for kindy. Due to your special needs this gives you 2 terms of 1 session a week to get used to the routine, the building, the teachers, other children and noise levels before starting kindy formally. As part of our orientation for you we went for a bit of a drive this morning and visited your new kindy while it was empty and quiet, just so you could see the building and the yard.

I have such mixed feelings about this. You are so excited about your 'big boy kindy'. We've picked out a new lunch box and drink bottle for it. I think you will love it, I truly do. I can't believe how big you are though. I can't believe you are not that tiny little baby I held in my arms for hours when you were a newborn any more. Where did the years go? Have I done you a good job raising you so far? Will you like kindy? Will you make friends? Am I making the right decision in trusting this school, this teacher and this system with you?

3 comments:

Rebecca Keals said...

Its so great that you could go while it was empty, I hope your little man enjoys kindy when it starts. Good luck

Anonymous said...

Oh my heart was in my throat when I was reading your words... why do they have to grow up so fast! I hope Asher loves his new kindy :)

Brooke said...

I hope your little man enjoys his new kindy and that the transition into "big boy school" is a smooth one. It looks like a lovely space to explore! Good luck xx

Post a Comment