Kindy.

feb13-1

feb13-2

38/366.

Today was your first kindy session. You are doing early entry, so for two terms before starting it full time you have a two hour session a week. I have to admit, I was nervous. As it was getting closer to leaving time I felt sick and my hands were shaking. You were so excited though, standing near the door waiting for it to be time to go.

Once we were in the car and started driving I heard you say in a little voice 'Mum, I'm a bit shy now'. Oh my heart ached a little with those words and for the drive we talked about what to expect at kindy and that I could stay with you if you wanted.

As the 2nd picture shows though, you were so excited once we arrived. We popped your things away and you got straight into playing outside. I asked if you were ready for me to leave and you said no, not yet. But it only took you 15 minutes to warm up and you said I could go.

Walking away was hard. I kept peeking back, watching you busy at work playing. After your session was over I found you full of smiles with paint on your t-shirt (which shows me you have been busy!), you were doing drawings with the other children, had read a book about an octopus and made a caterpillar.

I am so proud of you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One very cool little man. I am glad he had a good first day. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh look at his big smile and that gorgeous hair! SO glad to hear he had a good first day, I look forward to hearing how he goes next time :)

Megan said...

What a brave boy - and a brave mama! He is way too cool for school with that hair and the sunnies! Great that the first day went so well. Good on you Asher!

Pamela said...

Very cool! He looks so so excited. :)

Megan said...

Hi Asher - how've you been??

Anonymous said...

I'd like to introduce you to Voices of Sensory Processing Disorder. This is a community website where bloggers can share their experiences, victories, tips and everyday challenges with others. And we want you! We’d love to share your writing.

Please visit us at www.voicesofsensoryprocessingdisorder.com to learn more. I do hope you'll join us. Happy blogging!
Regards, Jennifer

Post a Comment